Example from WhatsApp Marketing Case Study of one of our client which gave us the inspiration to start building WhatsApp marketing software, tools, and solutions for our clients & customers.
When in conversation with a nightclub recently claimed to me that they were generating repeat customers and clients through WhatsApp I was surprised and intrigued because that seemed to me like an amazing thing to do at the time. The owner was essentially going where all their prospects were and wanted to utilise the medium for a way to reach to their target segment.
What they were basically doing were running campaigns on Facebook and asking their prospects to keep the communication over WhatsApp.
Now I understand not every business can sell their product or a service on Facebook. But, I believe many people also miss out the importance of using Facebook & WhatsApp which directly connects with the emotions, intents and urgency that can generate direct calls to your business which equals more clients, more business and of course more profits.
But first, here is why it worked for this particular nightclub owner:
1. They created a simple marketing funnel for their business with robust customer service. They were generating leads from Facebook and then created a backend with these leads where they promoted & advertised using WhatsApp for their upcoming events, gigs and special offers.
2. This completely ensured them that they would not lose their customer because their phone was busy. They received every message & replied back to each one personally.
3. They publicised there WhatsApp Number offline & online. Once, they started this no. as an Official WhatsApp Number using different strategies such as Facebook Marketing, WhatsApp Messaging, Text messaging, promoting it via flyers & creatives. People started trusting, and adding their number in their cell phones.
But, at the same time many businesses have come to realise that atleast in the present point of time WhatsApp is not the best way to build credibility.
1. Not every type of business can afford to provide customer support & resolve their business issues over the WhatsApp. For example, a real estate company cannot provide every details & specifications & try negotiating for a particular property whether that’s rented/sold/to be bought over WhatsApp. They would rather like to talk about it over the phone or a personal meeting.
2. The time to respond on WhatsApp vs other means can be very high. That’s because if you get high volume of customer issues request over WhatsApp then it can be tedious approach to handle so many queries over WhatsApp. Replying each person through personal text messaging without the ability to have templates made for each types of request can be highly difficult.
3. Expecting that your customers will save your number and then request for support over text messaging sometimes sounds unrealistic. They might rather call you up and get over with their questions easily. Better thing to do might be to have a cell number where people can directly call you and even more advance will be to have a virtual number which can route to different team members if your call volumes exceed on specific days so that you can resolve as many people’s issues as you want at the same time.
4. If your prospects, customers & clients have your number then its a great opportunity to showcase your professional image. You can setup a IVR system which provides them step by step guidance according to the kind of business you deal in and hence distributing calls to particular departments.
When we think about any business. There are multiple ways through which you can market your business. And now, with the advent of the internet and mobile users. You have to think about your marketing channels and optimise them with different lead funnels in order to deal with every type of target customers. With more then 80% of the consumers, customers & prospects who deal with businesses over the phone. Businesses these days don’t even understand that they are really missing out on their prospects if they don’t have a robust system to handle queries using the phone, WhatsApp messaging systems, etc. That means even after all the accountability in your particular business you might be losing a fare share of clients & customers which are worth a lot to your marketing efforts & campaigns that you run.
As a business owner. You need to think about how this club owner looked at achieving this for his business. And what are the implications that you have as a take away for your own business.
We will be covering different WhatsApp Marketing Case Studies in the coming future. Do you have one? Feel free to comment below and let us know how you utilized WhatsApp Marketing to build & grow your business.